3-Day Primary Certificate Practicum in REBT and Cognitive Behavior Therapy
24 CE Credits (APA) and 21.5 (NASW)
Dates: July 11 - 13, 2014
Friday-Saturday, Time: 9:00am-7:30pm
Sunday, Time: 9:00am-4:30pm
Location: New York City
In this intense three day practicum, participants will learn the Rational Emotive & Cognitive Behavior theory of emotional disturbance and change by leading REBT practitioners. Strategies for identifying and challenging clientsí dysfunctional beliefs and constructing more adaptive beliefs, emotions and behaviors will be a focus of the weekend. REBTís conceptualization of emotions will also be presented. Participants will have the opportunity to practice their RE & CBT skills in small group supervision and receive immediate feedback from an experienced certified REBT supervisor.
During the 3-Day Primary Practicum, participants will learn to:
- Understand and apply the REBT theory of emotional disturbance and change.
- Apply the ABC model to a wide range of clinical issues.
- Identify, challenge and dispute clientsí dysfunctional thoughts.
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
Raymond DiGiuseppe, Ph.D.
- Explain the REBT/CBT theories of emotional disturbance and change
- Apply the ABC model to a large variety of clinical issues
- Identify, challenge and dispute clients dysfunctional thoughts
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- Develop and apply homework protocols for treating anxiety anger and depression, as well as other common presenting problems
, Director of Professional Education, Albert Ellis Institute; Chairperson and Professor, Psychology Department, St. Johnís University
Kristene A. Doyle, Ph.D.
, Director , Albert Ellis Institute
* Hotels nearby
Open to psychologists, counselors, social workers, physicians, nurses, and graduate students. Minimum qualification for certificate candidacy
is a masterís degree in psychology or counseling, M.S.W., M.D., or R.N. Other helping professionals (e.g., alcoholism counselors) may be eligible to participate in the full Practicum but will receive a Paraprofessional Certificate. Proof of degree or license must accompany registration form.
REQUIRED READING LIST
Proof of degree or license must accompany registration form.
-Please fax to 212-249-3582
----Group of 5 or more (Please call 212-535-0822 to register)
> Click here to view all of our professional trainings
NOTE: Full tuition must accompany all registrations. Tuition will be refunded if the program is closed or if the applicant is not accepted.
For practica, full tuition will be returned for cancellations received at least fourteen days before the program begins, and a $100 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations received at least seven days before the program begins. (No refunds thereafter).
The Albert Ellis Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
The Albert Ellis Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The Albert Ellis Institute is recognized by the National Board of Certified Counselors to offer continuing education for National Certified Counselors.
The Albert Ellis Institute adheres to NBCC Continuing Education Guidelines.
These programs are approved by the National Association of Social Workers (provider #886486451).