25.5 CE Credits
Date: July 14 - 17, 2016
Open to psychologists, counselors, social workers, physicians, nurses, and graduate students. Minimum qualification for certificate candidacy is a master’s degree in psychology or counseling, M.S.W., M.D., or R.N. Other helping professionals (e.g., alcoholism counselors) may be eligible to participate in the full Practicum but will receive a Paraprofessional Certificate. Proof of degree or license must accompany registration form. Participants must have the Primary Certificate to qualify.
Professionals will further their knowledge of rational-emotive and cognitive behavior therapy, as well as up-to-date research and clinical applications, and will receive individual supervision in small groups with a certified REBT supervisor.
During the 4-Day Primary Practicum, participants will learn to:
Participants will receive:
- Describe how to apply REBT to treat couples and common relationship problems
- Apply techniques for disputing irrational beliefs seen in various clinical disorders
- Design strategies for working with clients who are resistant
- Assess when to use behavioral & emotional approaches with clients
- Live demonstrations of therapy sessions.
- 13.5 hours of lectures on advanced assessment strategies, case conceptualizations, and intervention skills.
- 12 hours of small group supervised practice of RE & CBT skills.